Happy new year! While a new decade can be an exciting time and feel like a fresh start, it's also "diet season". Everyone and their brother is doing some sort of diet. If you're trying to lose weight, it can be really difficult to watch the people around you lose weight, even if they're doing crazy fad diets or unsustainable methods.
1. Understand what success with weight loss looks like to you.
2. Get clear on your own why.
3. Get clear on what you want out of your journey.
4. Filter your input - who you're following online can make a big difference, and maybe setting some strict boundaries with your friends/family IRL if it's a problem.
5. Remember the fad dieting process is always the same.
unhappiness > decision to go HAM > fad diet > weight loss > pissed because you're missing out on life > cheating > guilt because you're cheating > saying "screw this" and going back to what you were doing before.
6. Journal and reflect on a regular basis to remind yourself that what you're doing matters and is the right approach for yourself.
7. Keep your long-term in mind.
8. Remember someone else's success does not diminish from your own or say something about your character or your method.
I hope this has been helpful! Know you're not alone in your frustration and it's totally valid, but working through it is the best way to stay on your healthy course!
The holidays are the busiest time of the year, and not planning ahead can lead to both added stress AND added weight. I created my FREE daily planner just for you to take control this holiday season.